Printing Suggestions

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
PeteyB

Printing Suggestions

Post by PeteyB »

I like having some of my more ornate fonts in hard copy so I print a lot of sample sheets. The following enhancements would make things easier:

- Put "Print Preview" on the toolbar, there's loads of room (you can probably put some commonly used layouts on there too).

- When the Ptint dialog opens the default for General/Range is All Fonts; if more than one font is selected it should default to Selected Fonts. It saves a click and is more intuitive.

- I'd like to see a single page option for fonts with limited character sets (like ornamental caps) that will scale the font size up so the entire set fills a sheet. For fonts containing large glyphs (like the calligraphic frames font) I'd like to see subsets printed at about 240 pt.

All in all though Main Type is an excellent package and although the database paradigm takes a little getting used to it is certainly faster; however a seperate font browser would be nice for perusing large CD-ROM collections. Also a couple of user-defined fields for classifying fonts without formally grouping them would be handy; the field groups could be implemented in the User Views.

Thanks again for a great product - Peter B.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Printing Suggestions

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Thank you for your feedback. I'll make sure we will discuss your requests when we start working on a new update of MainType.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology