Groups Panel Folder Tree State

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
DrTeeth

Groups Panel Folder Tree State

Post by DrTeeth »

Please either let this open expanded at at least open in the state in which it was closed. It always opens as collapsed and it is already driving me nuts and I have just set up the program. :wink:
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Groups Panel Folder Tree State

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I agree that would be better.

Here's a way to work around the problem if you want to. I have a folder called My Fonts, with numerous subfolders organising my fonts by foundry, source, or other category.

I clicked on the first icon in the Groups pane to create a new folder in the Root named the same as each sub group. Then I dragged the fonts from each sub group into its new root group namesake, deleting the sub groups as I went. Wherever I had further subfolders with subfolders, after creating the Root sub folder, e.g. Serif Applications, I dragged the folders into place.

The resulting Group pane now stays in its "open" state showing all of the Root folders like this, with only the folders containing sub folders being collapsed.
Root Folder Group.png
Root Folder Group.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 5747 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
DrTeeth

Re: Groups Panel Folder Tree State

Post by DrTeeth »

Great idea, thanks.

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.