Looking for InDesign plugin

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
-prh

Looking for InDesign plugin

Post by -prh » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:32 am

I'm looking for these plugins:
  • Adobe InDesign CC 2014
    Adobe Illustrator CC 2014
    Adobe Photoshop CC 2014
When will they be available?

Peter

Erwin Denissen

Re: Looking for InDesign plugin

Post by Erwin Denissen » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:27 am

They are on the to-do list, but it seems not many people are in need of these, so we're not sure if and when we will add those.

Of course right now you can already install fonts through MainType, which will become immediately available in your Adobe (and any other) software.

If others read this post and want specific plug-ins (or have other feature requests), do let us know!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology

cpking

Post by cpking » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:56 pm

I think the issue here is one of workflow. When you open a doc in an Adobe app, missing fonts are noted and you are requested to "find" them. If you leave the app and install the missing font through MainType, the font is available to the system, but you have to reopen the Adobe doc. Otherwise your text reflows.

Tom De Smet

Post by Tom De Smet » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:24 am

I would like this plugin too. We're looking for a new font manager for our company and this one (allthough the look is a bit outdated) does a lot of things other don't do. Especially the font previewing on servers is something we're thrilled about.

But before we buy a bunch of licenses for all our employees I would like to know that this software is still in active development?
We use mainly Photoshop and Indesign here.

Best regards

Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:06 am

Of course it is still in development. The last major release is only 5 months old! It contains several powerful new features like tagging, and synchronized font folders.

For several reasons we put a hold on writing new plug-ins. Things might change in the future, but hopefully MainType has enough advantages to accept this for now.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology

suechastain

Post by suechastain » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:29 pm

Erwin Denissen wrote:They are on the to-do list, but it seems not many people are in need of these, so we're not sure if and when we will add those.

If others read this post and want specific plug-ins (or have other feature requests), do let us know!
I have registered for the forum just to respond to this. How do you know not many people are in need? Do you know how many people may have looked at the software and passed it up because it is not listed as a feature? I know I did, several times, until I tried about five competitors and found them all deficient. But I don't think I can justify the higher price without Adobe activation plugins.

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:10 pm

I sometimes wonder if there would be a market for a MainType plugin for Serif PagePlus.

If I open a publication with a missing font in PagePlus X9, I just launch MainType, find the font and install it, then switch back to PagePlus.

While it might be nice to do it from the Fonts Tab in PagePlus as we used to be able to do with another font manager, I don't know how many users would find it useful enough to buy MainType. Serif no longer support the plugin or sell the Font Manager
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC11.0 Pro + MT7.0 @ Win10 1703

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:16 pm

The idea of the plug-ins is that as long as the missing font(s) are available to the font manager with a plug-in, they are installed automatically with no user intervention required.

That said, while I have used plug-ins with ID using another font manager or two, I don't use them. In a hustle and bustle shop where many files are opened throughout the day, having the plug-in installed and active does save a lot of time and hassle. But they are not necessarily fool-proof either.

I handle missing fonts manually as Pesala does. That works for me and my work-flow as I am not opening and closing a lot of files throughout any given day.

Ethos

Post by Ethos » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:20 pm

suechastain wrote:
Erwin Denissen wrote:They are on the to-do list, but it seems not many people are in need of these, so we're not sure if and when we will add those.

I have registered for the forum just to respond to this. How do you know not many people are in need? Do you know how many people may have looked at the software and passed it up because it is not listed as a feature? I know I did, several times, until I tried about five competitors and found them all deficient. But I don't think I can justify the higher price without Adobe activation plugins.

I 100% agree. I am looking at other software that DOES provide plugins for Adobe CC. That is the only feature that is moving me away from High-Logic. It's a time saving feature that may make a huge difference as to what people choose to purchase or look into for the future.