Variables to Generate Glyph maps

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
jch02140

Variables to Generate Glyph maps

Post by jch02140 »

Sorry for bumping this post but it seems to be along the same subject I am suggesting so I just post here...

I am thinking if it would be possible to implement variables that generates glyph maps for the font files like {glyphmap_basic_latin} to generate something like this

{glyphmap_private_use_area} will generate glyphs from the PUA range, etc:

And there may be fonts with alternates that stored uncoded will be something like {glyphmap_uncoded}... You can also define the number or columns per row in the setting
Erwin Denissen

Re: Variables to Generate Glyph maps

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'm sure some users would love such feature, but there are numerous other enhancements that will benefit way more users.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Variables to Generate Glyph maps

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

jch02140 wrote:Sorry for bumping this post but it seems to be along the same subject I am suggesting so I just post here...
There is not much point in bumping a thread in the Implemented Feature Requests forum to request something different.

I have therefore split your post and Erwin's reply to a new topic in the Feature Requests forum.

Something similar to your request can be achieved from FontCreator by printing selected glyphs.
Attachments
Basic Latin - Pali Regular.pdf
(149.83 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486