MainType Professional Edition 11.0.0.1268 - Bad Hang

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
heathert

MainType Professional Edition 11.0.0.1268 - Bad Hang

Post by heathert »

Hi! I got a pop-up notification with sound that said something like "It looks like you like Main Type why don't you tell your friends or something." I like Main Type a lot but I don't want the app telling me to tell my friends. ;) And then it tried to open some other window (a browser, perhaps), which led nowhere and just said "Error" top left with a blank screen. I tried to close it, but it kept on coming back, so I finally had to use Windows Task Manager to close it... =/

(Also, it would be great if the about screen allowed for copying so I don't have to try and remember a whole bunch of numbers. ;) )

ETA: Just did it again! Got a screen shot before it got stuck:
youlikemaintype.jpg
youlikemaintype.jpg (822.05 KiB) Viewed 7283 times
TheOneMagos

Re: MainType Professional Edition 11.0.0.1268 - Bad Hang

Post by TheOneMagos »

Use a firewall program such as Tinywall or the built in Windows firewall to block the program from having internet access. Then it should go will go away. Paid programs shouldn't bug you like this.
Erwin Denissen

Re: MainType Professional Edition 11.0.0.1268 - Bad Hang

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We realize nagging people is not nice, but to survive in this industry we need some exposure.

The issue you encountered is very awkward and we have not been able to reproduce it. If it happens again, let us know, preferably with a precise step-by-step that allows us to reproduce it.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology