Desktop icons resize upon using MainType

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
damionm

Desktop icons resize upon using MainType

Post by damionm »

Hello,

For some reason, when I'm using MainType, my desktop icons will resize by themselves and it's really annoying. I have them set to 48x48, but when I use MainType, they resize down to 16x16 by themselves. Is this just something with my particular video card maybe? I have a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200. I have the latest video drivers installed for the card, and I only have this issue when MainType is indexing and displaying fonts in the program. Is this a known problem? Thanks :-)
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

More Info Please.

Post by Dave Crosby »

Are you using a Mac, PC, Windows 3.1?
Aut nunc aut nunquam
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You are the first who found this hidden feature! Now that it is no longer a secret, I better mention it on the website ;-)

Just kidding, I've never heard of this awkward side effect. I like to reproduce it, but need more information. What version of Windows do you use? What version of MainType? How do you set the icon size? Can you show us a screenshot?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
damionm

Post by damionm »

I believe I've found the problem. It seems to have something to do with the current (or then current) video driver (version/build) that I was using for my graphics card. I've installed an older video driver, and I haven't seen a repeat of that scenario since.