Adobe Indesign CS6 Plugin "crashes" [Closed]

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Adobe Indesign CS6 Plugin "crashes"

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'm glad to know you've found a work-around. We have a third party working on this.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Unfortunately it didn't work out with the company that was going to fix and update the plug-ins, so we've now decided to remove the plugins as explained here:
https://www.high-logic.com/font-manager ... ls/plugins
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
tevert

Post by tevert »

That's the worst news ever.

Some graphic designers are attentive to details and could do this. But most that I've worked with are the worst at doing things like organizing files and creating font groups—they're hired for their brilliance and creativity, not for their attention to the mundane and tedious. I realize that the InDesign SDK can be hard (I've programmed with it a lot), but to suggest that the simple solution is for the graphic designers to simply create font groups for each issue of a magazine? Seriously? It's not going to happen.

I know. We tried this for years before switching to MainType because of the InDesign plugin.

This plugin preserves some level of harmony between the design and editorial departments, because without fail the designers miss fonts and the editor has to go and find the font and install it, every time they open a new issue (we do a weekly magazine for kids and every issue has new fonts from the previous issue, so there are *always* new fonts). Now when opening an InDesign document, it auto-installs all the fonts needed . . . and the future looks bright . . . until today. :shock:

Please don't give up on this feature. It is really important.. :o

Thanks.