Tag search doesn't show all matches until service restarted [Solved]

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
nabsltd

Tag search doesn't show all matches until service restarted [Solved]

Post by nabsltd »

MainType 8.0.0.1135

I don't think I can reproduce this, but what I was doing was deleting some fonts that only existed in the MainType database and not on disk. I had given them the tag "Ghost" to make finding them easier. I also deleted a few that did have files on disk. None of these had the tag "Ghost" set, so I don't think it's part of the issue, but I want to be complete.

After I had finished deleting all fonts, I still saw that 6 fonts were listed as having the tag "Ghost", but none showed up in the search:
MaintType tag search bug.jpg
MaintType tag search bug.jpg (135.67 KiB) Viewed 8336 times
Stopping and restarting the font service cleared it up, so no real harm done.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Tag search doesn't show all matches until service restarted

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It might be a little confusing, but this is by design, so people can re-tag fonts without being interrupted by a refresh.

Nevertheless, we'll add this quirk to our to-do list, so we can see if there is room for improvement.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
nabsltd

Re: Tag search doesn't show all matches until service restarted

Post by nabsltd »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:24 pm It might be a little confusing, but this is by design, so people can re-tag fonts without being interrupted by a refresh.
It's still a bug, because if I click "Start a new tag search" or do something else that makes font list not be tag search results (like a quick search, or clicking on a view or group), the "Ghost" tags are still shown. At that point, they should be gone.

Otherwise, it gets really confusing if I am tagging fonts and actually want to set some with the "Ghost" tag. Then, a tag search would show fewer fonts than I think I have tagged, based on the numbers beside the tags.