Sync groups don't display empty directories [Closed]

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
nabsltd

Sync groups don't display empty directories [Closed]

Post by nabsltd »

In MainType 8.0.0.1135, 64-bit:

If there is an empty directory (i.e., one that doesn't contain any font files) below the root of a sync group, it does not display. This means that you cannot copy or move fonts to new directories within the MainType UI.

You also can't copy or move to a directory that has been emptied for some reason. This can happen if you use the file system to categorize in some way, and temporarily have nothing in a particular category.

The reason this is important is that MainType allows a user to select fonts in ways that are not tied to the file system (tags, etc.), but then there is no way to translate that back to the file system if you want to place the fonts in an empty directory. For example, if I want to put a diverse selection of fonts onto a thumb drive and keep the original file names, the only way is to use the MainType search features, then copy the files within the MainType UI, since "Export" renames the font files.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Sync groups don't display empty directories

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'm sorry, but this is by design.

At first MainType only supported virtual groups, as we are convinced that is the best way to manage fonts. However due to the fact many people requested a file based approach as well, we had to add it into the design.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology