MainType 11 32-bit rejected by Window 10 (Pro)

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
MoritzMT

MainType 11 32-bit rejected by Window 10 (Pro)

Post by MoritzMT »

The installation of MainType 11 (32-bit) was rejected by Windows. Went something wrong with the certificate?
Kaspersky reputation tool declare certificate as valid.
Attachments
W10 install rejection 20-05-_2021_23-16-51.pdf
(13.43 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
Last edited by MoritzMT on Thu May 20, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: MainType 11 32-bit rejected by Window 10 (Pro)

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Something wrong with Window 10 more like. Just skip the warning since you know that it is from a safe source. No doubt Microsoft will catch up eventually.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We are very sorry about the inconvenience. I hope they sort it out soon.

We have recently renewed the certificate we use to sign our software, as the previous one expired. Even though we realize it is bad timing, we didn't expect Windows would reject our installer due to this.

We did notice Edge was complaining about the installation files, so we already told Microsoft to take action. Eventually when more and more people trust the software and the certificate, Microsoft will define it as a false positive, and will no longer reject it.
falsepositive.png
falsepositive.png (173.68 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
Just to be sure our systems are not infected, we did run the installer through virustotal.com and no security vendors flagged it as malicious.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
MoritzMT

Post by MoritzMT »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:19 pm Something wrong with Window 10 more like. Just skip the warning since you know that it is from a safe source. No doubt Microsoft will catch up eventually.
This is not the way I accept to install a professional app.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

As you clearly see in the screenshot I provided, Microsoft Defender "Smart"Screen reported the software is not commonly downloaded, which is obviously true, as we just released it a couple of hours ago :cry:

The warning will disappear in a couple of hours, as then more people have actually decided to ignore the warning and install it. This is unfortunately the way modern anti-malware software works. Nothing we can do about it, but I totally understand your concerns.

So if you want to help, do click the "Keep anyway" and "Report this app as safe", so you can tell Microsoft we are not the bad guys.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

MoritzMT wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:26 pm
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:19 pm Something wrong with Window 10 more like. Just skip the warning since you know that it is from a safe source. No doubt Microsoft will catch up eventually.
This is not the way I accept to install a professional app.
Yesterday we received an email from Microsoft stating they expect to investigate this issue within two business days.

I am pleased to confirm they have fixed the issue, as I have just used Microsoft Edge to download and install MainType 11 through the download link as available on our web site.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology