Loaded Type 1 Fonts Fail in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop

Before asking a question on MainType look here for possible solutions and tutorials. Please do not post support requests here.
Erwin Denissen

Loaded Type 1 Fonts Fail in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Several customers have reported issues with loaded Type 1 fonts not showing in Adobe software like Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. It doesn't matter if you use CS4, CS5, CS5.5 or CS6; all these products refuse to show these Type 1 fonts.

From what we have experienced so far; Adobe software needs to know the location of available Type 1 fonts, so these fonts have to be installed; loading is just not good enough, and will fail.

If you happen to know a solution that allows you to use loaded Type 1 fonts, do let us know. In the mean time, if you need a Type 1 font, do install it through MainType, and it will become available within your Adobe products!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
meli72

Re: Loaded Type 1 Fonts Fail in Adobe Illustrator and Photos

Post by meli72 »

Erwin Denissen wrote:Several customers have reported issues with loaded Type 1 fonts not showing in Adobe software like Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. It doesn't matter if you use CS4, CS5, CS5.5 or CS6; all these products refuse to show these Type 1 fonts.

From what we have experienced so far; Adobe software needs to know the location of available Type 1 fonts, so these fonts have to be installed; loading is just not good enough, and will fail.

If you happen to know a solution that allows you to use loaded Type 1 fonts, do let us know. In the mean time, if you need a Type 1 font, do install it through MainType, and it will become available within your Adobe products!
Hello,

i'm having the same problems here and google ing it up i found your post. I tried installing type 1 font and it is still not working, any other suggestions ? Or maybe i'm doing something wrong , here ?

thanks
Erwin Denissen

Re: Loaded Type 1 Fonts Fail in Adobe Illustrator and Photos

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It might be possible that one of the fonts is corrupt, which causes the Adobe software to stop processing the font list. If this is indeed the issue, you should try detect which font is the corrupt one, and remove it.

MainType can help with this, but I also suggest you manually go by all fonts that are located in specific Adobe font folders.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology