agenda font family loading probs

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
Brim13stone

agenda font family loading probs

Post by Brim13stone »

I'm trying to install the agenda font family from font bureau for photoshop CS3. They are a True Type Font File their is a total of 16, but when I paste them into the adobe font folder or the windows font folder only the Regular, Bold, Italic show up. I've tried on two different operating systems win xp with sp3 and the worlds greatest vista same results every time. I'm getting rather frustrated and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Brim13stone
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: agenda font family loading probs

Post by Dick Pape »

The 16 versions I have seen include: Black, Bold (regular, condensed, extra condensed and ultra condensed), Light (regular, condensed, extra condensed, italic and ultra condensed), Medium (regular, condensed, extracondensed, italic and ultra condensed) and finally Thin Ultra Condensed.

Not your usual font set.

Have you tried to use them? Perhaps these condensed variations will display without being visible.
Brim13stone

Post by Brim13stone »

They don't appear in the drop down list to even select them to be able to use them. The list you stated does look like the group that I have.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You should expect to see several different font names show up. Agenda Liight, Agenda Medium, etc. Each font family may have up to four type styles: Regular, Italic, Bold, and Bold Italic.
DejaVu.png
DejaVu.png (3.97 KiB) Viewed 5926 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

It is makes you feel any better, I installed all 16 (via FC) for Word 2003 and had similar problems. A single entry showed on the drop down menu. This is not totally surprising as there is not the usual regular, bold, italic and bolditalic variations with this font.

Using Word's Bold and Italic buttons things changed but not what I expected. Regular was a light. Bold was Extended light. Italic was regular with oblique and Bold Italic was Extended with oblique.

There is a single-story lower case A on the italic versions so it shows clearly whether it's being selected.

There are some structural "flaws" that I could see, however I don't know their impact. I could send a sample to the Forum Staff if I knew the link.