Advice sought about a flash file that displays use of a font

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Advice sought about a flash file that displays use of a font

Post by William »

I have produced a flash .swf file that produces a display using my Sonnet Calligraphic 029 font.

This was produced using the Opus Creator program, version 7.02.

I would like to post a link to it in the thread about the Sonnet Calligraphic font in the Gallery forum, but I have a concern in that the HTML file that calls the .swf file has lots of uses of the word cookie in it. I do not know much about cookies and it is quite possible that it is all harmless and that it might be that they are not even used in this particular case: I just do not know.

However, as there has sometimes been adverse comments about cookies, I would rather know more about it all before posting a link to it without the explanatory notes that I have included here.

The only change that I have made to the HTML file, which was produced automatically by the Opus Creator program, is to change the extension of the file name from .html to .htm as that is the usual style in our family webspace, the only exception being the home page file, which is named index.html.

I have run it with no apparent problems, it seems to work fine.

Anyway, here is the link. Advice would be appreciated please.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/c ... _flash.htm

There is also a one-colour version produced previously.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/c ... _flash.htm

William Overington

16 June 2010
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Advice sought about a flash file that displays use of a

Post by William »

Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem please?

William Overington

29 June 2010