Converting Created Font to Curve

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
DAquilina

Converting Created Font to Curve

Post by DAquilina »

I have created a custom font for my cartoon strip book and sent the book to the printers. The printer tested some pages and sent me this error message: "We found a problem with your test file. The black text is part of the images and supplied test files are RGB. Could you convert the text to curve and supply new files for test?"

Please help. I don't know how to "convert text to curve." I am under a real time deadline. Any assistance or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Drew
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Converting Created Font to Curve

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This question is not related to FontCreator. Whatever application you used the font in may have an option to convert the text to curves. I know this is straightforward in Serif™ PagePlus, but I don't know about other applications, e.g. if you created the document in Word you will have to ask on an appropriate forum.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Post by Dave Crosby »

This can be done with CorelDraw, Inkscape, Gimp, etc.
It would probably be best to make the image and save it as a jpg.
Aut nunc aut nunquam
Fonterific

Post by Fonterific »

Dave Crosby wrote:This can be done with CorelDraw, Inkscape, Gimp, etc.
It would probably be best to make the image and save it as a jpg.
I agree with Dave! While in college, it was made very clear that images that were to be printed had to be converted into a jpeg file. If not a jpeg, the photoshop/illustrator/corel file's layers absolutely had to be merged. By keeping the layers separate, the application will view layers/elements as different images and it becomes more of an "image on top of an image" as opposed to one solid if that makes any sort of sense. Not only that, compressing the image's layers or converting it to a jpeg makes the file significantly smaller and therefore makes way for faster printing! Hope this helps! :)