Setting License Agreement field for multiple EULAs

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
outofstepfontco

Setting License Agreement field for multiple EULAs

Post by outofstepfontco »

Hi everyone.
My new fonts have different license agreements for Mobile, ePub, Standard User (Multi User), Server, and Webfont usages, but I'm not sure how to fill out the License Agreement field in the Font Properties.

What do you do?

Do you set the License Agreement field to "Commercial License", and link to a EULA page that has all the different license types?

Or do you publish 5 different versions of the font file, with a different type of license written into the License Agreement field?

Any help much appreciated!
FC12.0 Professional
Erwin Denissen

Re: Setting License Agreement field for multiple EULAs

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Since other font designers haven't commented, I'll give it a shot:

You could provide a general license agreement, which includes the differentiation between the specific license types you offer.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
outofstepfontco

Re: Setting License Agreement field for multiple EULAs

Post by outofstepfontco »

The way I'm doing it is to have one ttf file in 6 zip files. Each zip file has the same ttf with a different PDF license. Each zip file is priced differently in the store, and your purchase receipt is your proof of ownership - the PDF is only there for information.

The next stumbling block I'm at: I may need two ttf files. One where the Embedding is set to Restricted, and another for the ePub license where the Embedding is set to Print & Preview.
FC12.0 Professional