Superman Font

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
nayzwulf6913

Superman Font

Post by nayzwulf6913 »

I'm trying to make a Superman costume for a friends cat and I tried freehand cutting out the S and a T combined and really want better. Is there a font that anyone knows of where I can combine the two letters into the symbol? I'm needing the shape of the emblem and letters to measure roughly 4.5"x5.5" Thanks in advance for any advice. :?:
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Superman Font

Post by Alfred »

This sounds more like a drawing question than a font question! What software do you have, and what font have you been trying to use?
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

nayzwulf6913

Post by nayzwulf6913 »

You may be right that this is actually more of a drawing question, I just thought there might be a font like Paul's Super Font which I tried that allows you to combine the letters. Thank you both.
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

All the font will do is lessen the time it would take to join the appropriate parts from a vector editing application compared to drawing it out. One would type the two letters, convert to curves, slice off inappropriate parts, move pieces around, rejoin, etc.

However, the logo looks its best with a single letter (or an odd number of letters) in it as it can then be centered. It's what the eye expects from that shape.

If you have a drawn design you like, how about uploading it? I would be glad to draw it out for you if needed.

Mike
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

Sounds like a job for ... Inkscape!

:o :D :wink: :roll: :lol: 8) :mrgreen: