Almost equal to

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
Karin1610

Almost equal to

Post by Karin1610 »

Hi, I'm totally new to font making, so I hope my question isn't too stupid.
I'm trying to make a school font, and one important character for me is the "Almost equal to" one. (Glyph name is "approxequal").
I have added the glyph, but I have no idea how to actually get it into a text file.
I found out that Word is turning code into characters by typing Alt+C, but that only works in Word.
So how can I make use of this character (and other special ones)?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Almost equal to

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It's not actually a question about FontCreator, but about using Word or other applications.

Insert a Symbol or Special Character in Word

BabelMap is a better alternative to the Windows Character Map, which can be used to insert symbols and special characters into any Windows Application.
Babel Map.png
Babel Map.png (25.38 KiB) Viewed 8326 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Karin1610

Post by Karin1610 »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:49 pm It's not actually a question about FontCreator, but about using Word or other applications.
I'm sorry. Thanks for helping me anyway. I appreciate it.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

No problem, just saying that it is not something that FontCreator should be used to fix.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486