Open Type Features in Libre Office

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
Karin1610

Open Type Features in Libre Office

Post by Karin1610 »

Hi!

I'm finally done with my font and now trying out what other (free) software but Word I can use it in with all my Open Type Features.
Right now I'm playing around with LibreOffice, but it has ligatures and even contextual alternates turned on by default, which I don't want. Does anybody know how to turn that off? I just didn't find a way.

Thanks!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Open Type Features in Libre Office

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Edit the text styles that you use to enable the OpenType features that you want to use.

OpenType Features in LibreOffice
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Karin1610

Post by Karin1610 »

Thanks!
That's really anything else but user friendly, but well .... guess I have to put up with this for the lack of free alternatives.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Karin1610 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 pm Thanks!
That's really anything else but user friendly, but well .... guess I have to put up with this for the lack of free alternatives.
Either that, or pay £20 or $25 for PagePlus X9, which has excellent OpenType support and a user-friendly interface.

There is a long learning curve though; it has a lot of powerful features.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Karin1610

Post by Karin1610 »

The problem is, it's not for me. My font has several features that I'm writing a manual for, and I wanted to provide instructions for Word and a free program for those that don't have Word.
Well, I guess all I can do is explain how it works. If it's too annoying for the users, they'll have to decide themselves what else they want to use.
But thanks for the tip anyway.