Use your font on the web

Before asking a question on Scanahand look here for possible solutions and tutorials. Please do not post support requests here.
Erwin Denissen

Use your font on the web

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The web has evolved from text-based to advanced interactive websites, but most of the time you can only view fonts that are installed on your system. So basically there are only a handful of universally available fonts (e.g. Arial, Verdana, Webdings). The only way to use fonts in web pages is to create an image of text written in your font, use Adobe Flash, or make use of the Web Embedding Fonts Tool (WEFT) from Microsoft. WEFT is probably not the best choice as it is only supported by Internet Explorer.

With CSS3 web fonts in Safari 3.1 (release date March 18, 2008), web designers can go beyond web-safe fonts and use any font they want to create stunning new websites using standards-based technology. Safari automatically recognizes websites that use custom fonts and downloads them as they're needed.

If all other browsers adopt the font-face embedding in the next coming years, we might finally be able to design web pages with custom fonts.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
jorlando

Post by jorlando »

I have a non-commercial website set up for generating font images. Its at http://interactimage.com There is a category there for handwriting fonts. You can do a lot of manipulation of the image there. There is also an ImageMagick interface.

If people send me their handwriting fonts, I'll place them on the site.

Jeff