Basically, here are the steps
- 1) Start Scanahand
2) Select the "Save As..." button to store the empty template as an image file on your computer
3) Write in the characters using a tablet
4) Save the template as one of the acceptable formats - Bitmap, GIF , JPEG or Portable Network Graphics
5) In Scanahand go to Step 2 (Completed Template) and load it
6) Continue as usual (e.g. go to step 3 and generate your font)
Tip: Depending on the used image editor (AutoDesk Sketchbook Pro, Gimp, PaintShop Pro, Photoshop, etc.), you can have an additional layer for guidelines (which you have to draw yourself), but be sure to turn the layer off when you import the picture.