ScanaHand vs FontCreator?

Get help with Scanahand here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Not Gruesome

ScanaHand vs FontCreator?

Post by Not Gruesome »

What are the differences between ScanaHand & FontCreator? for the purposes of OpenType font creation from scans or drawing tablet input?

Is there a detailed comparison chart available, too?
ImageImage
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can use Scanahand to generate a font based on your own handwriting within just a couple of minutes. You can then further improve that font with FontCreator. If you want to edit existing fonts, or want to design new fonts using advanced features like auto complete composites, kerning, validation, etc. I suggest you buy FontCreator.

You can always start with Scanahand and then later decide to buy FontCreator.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: ScanaHand vs FontCreator?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Not Gruesome wrote:What are the differences between ScanaHand & FontCreator? for the purposes of OpenType font creation from scans or drawing tablet input?

Is there a detailed comparison chart available, too?
See my sig for a review of FontCreator. There is a comparison chart of Home and Professional Editions of FontCreator. Scanahand is a different animal.

FontCreator doesn't yet support the adding of OpenType features to fonts. See this tutorial for a fairly easy way to add glyph substitutions using free software from third-parties.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486