New coustomer

Get help with Scanahand here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Radioflyer

New coustomer

Post by Radioflyer »

I just purchased two copies of Scan hand. How long until I should expect it to arrive? Should I download the trial copy until it arrives? Does the trial copy come with an uninstaller?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I haven't purchased any products online, so I may have misunderstood, but I presume that you will receive registration keys by email in a few days just as soon as your order has been processed. Just download ScanahandSetup.exe, install it, and start playing with it. The trial version doesn't save fonts, but you can start learning how to use it. Once you get your registration keys you will be able to save your fonts.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Radioflyer

Scan Hand limitations/Paste on Template

Post by Radioflyer »

I did that register thing. Worked out fine.

There doesn't seem to be more features now in the program than before registering. It seems that all that is possible is the basic scan template page feature where you print out the template draw on the paper,scan and then process in in Scan hand and noting else can be done.

I need to be able to load already drawn bitmap character images onto positions on the Template in Step 01.

I have a lot of special Alphabet charactors that I've already created long ago on Bitmap pages so the scanning should be unessary.

Also I'll need to alter or replace characters on already existing Fonts.
-Radioflyer
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Scan Hand limitations/Paste on Template

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Radioflyer wrote:There doesn't seem to be more features now in the program than before registering.
You can now save fonts. I would say that is a significant extra feature.
It seems that all that is possible is the basic scan template page feature where you print out the template draw on the paper, scan and then process in in Scanahand and noting else can be done.
That's about all that it does. The free trials of all High-Logic programs are the full programs — FontCreator free trial is the full Professional edition, the Home edition has fewer features if you register for the cheaper option.
I need to be able to load already drawn bitmap character images onto positions on the Template in Step 01.
It is not difficult to do — just cut and paste in a bitmap editor like IrfanView.
Also I'll need to alter or replace characters on already existing Fonts.
For that you will need FontCreator.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486