European characters missing!

Get help with Scanahand here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.

Would you like to add more characters to your personal font created with Scanahand software?

Yes, it would be nice
50%
Not really
50%

Total votes: 2

mec34

European characters missing!

Post by mec34 »

Before buying Scanahad I saw that the standard editions allows for the basic English characters and also for the other European languages characters (á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ, etc) So I paid and downloaded it.
But I cannot find any way to do those characters, I had to put them where []<>and # are supposed to be, because I do not want them hidden in the symbols area... ideally we could type ' and the letter, or ~ and n... like any other font... and now I am stuck, because I write daily in Portuguese, Spanish and French, and won't be able to use my Scanahad generated font... I just tried to write 3 lines, and without those characters it is impossible, I had to chose another font...
SO PLEASE explain me how to do it or let me know as soon as this is possible, and change the wording in your pre-sale speech.
:) i am not mad, and i like the product, but it is not too useful for me as it is, and i could have waited some more time to buy it.
All the best!
elena
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This seems like a simple misunderstanding.

The extended ANSI characters are on page two of the Basic and Extended Character Set template. You have to fill in both pages (you only need to fill in the accented characters that you want in your font).

Typing ñ á é í ó etc., requires a suitable Windows keyboard to produce é with ' + e and so forth. If you regularly work in several different languages, try my PagePlus Keyboard for Windows.

With the help of dead keys it can type a very wide range of accented characters — far more than the US International keyboard.

Exampe: ç ą ā á å ä ã ‽ ¿ ¡ etc.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
v.muller

Re: European characters missing!

Post by v.muller »

Download the Central Europe Template from here:
https://www.high-logic.com/font-generat ... -templates

In Scanahand click Tools - Template Editor and import the downloaded file. (cp1250.xml)