Header and Footer Above Template

Get help with Scanahand here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
mrenkil

Header and Footer Above Template

Post by mrenkil »

The first couple of fonts I loaded into Scanahand 2.0 went very smooth. I went to do the third and when I loaded up the completed template it keeps adding space for header and footer above the scan sheet. I'm not sure how this started doing this. I scanned again, trimmed the image and same results. I then loaded a previous template that I was successful loading and creating font and got the same header and footer space when loading. I opened the scanned font sheet in another program and the header and footer space is not in the image. What am I doing wrong?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Header and Footer Above Template

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It is hard to tell what you're doing. Which version of Scanahand are you using — Standard or Premium (or trial) edition?

Which template have you selected in Empty Template? Basic, or Basic and Extended Character Set?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Header and Footer Above Template

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Scanahand tries to fit a completed template into the preview area, but it shouldn't affect the result. Exaggerated example: If it is a square you will get a white space above and below the template. I believe the exact dimension is related to the selected printer.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology