scanahand font problem

Get help with Scanahand here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
bobcdy

scanahand font problem

Post by bobcdy »

Well, I worked more on the kerning of the font, and decided it was pretty good with a few exceptions that I need to work on some more. A serious problem with the Scanahand font, though, is that for all of the glyphs, when I tested it with Open Office. Although the kerning works fine with OO, I noticed that the glyphs were not equally dense from top to bottom of each glyph. That is the bottoms of the characters in OO are dim and barely readable whereas the tops of fonts are much darker. When I check OO with other commercial fonts, although all the font glyphs seem a bit dim, there is no change from top to bottom of the glyphs.

Does anyone have any ideas why this should be occurring. As far as I can tell when I check the glyphs with FontCreator, there doesn't seem to be any reason for this.
rdcgaramond3.ttf
(43.25 KiB) Downloaded 838 times
bobcdy

Re: scanahand font problem

Post by bobcdy »

I've checked the font with other word processors, with Photoshop, and Corel Designer, and I think the problem lies with Open Office.