Scanning does not work

Get help with Scanahand here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Phantomas

Scanning does not work

Post by Phantomas »

At first I want to apologize for the bad English. I am from Germany and have the text translated by google.

I have the following problem and hope you can help me: after installing Scanahand I did scan in step 2 my handwriting. After clicking on "Step 2" and then "Scan" button in the window "Scan Setup" I choose my scanner (CanoScan LiDE 210) and the resolution (300 dpi), and click again on "Scan". A new window is opening (Scannin template at 300 dpi) appears against a gray background and says "Scan is in progress. Please wait until the process is finished." Then, unfortunately, nothing further happens. The scanner will not start and the program can only be via the Task Manager to close again.

I hope I get a solution to my problem. Thank you in advance for you.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Scanning does not work

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Only the developer can answer your question properly.

Meanwhile, you can use any other application like IrfanView that does work with your scanner, save the scan to disk, and load that into Scanahand.

There are so many scanners that it would be impossible to test all of them with Scanahand. You could try updating your scanner drivers from the Canon web site.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Scanning does not work

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Does it work if you select to use the scanner driver to make advanced settings? If not, then for some reason Scanahand and your scanner don't work well together. Then the suggestion from Bhikkhu Pesala should do the trick.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology