ScanaHand Crashing

Get help with Scanahand here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
audreyjeanne

ScanaHand Crashing

Post by audreyjeanne »

I am an occasional user of ScanaHand and FontCreator. I've never had any trouble until I upgraded yesterday (most recent free update).

I'm a windows 7, PC user, pretty basic understanding of computers. Definitely NOT a geek type.

Here's what happens:

1. Scan in and generate font - no problems.
2. Save font or install font and the program freezes up.

I tried to work around by using FontCreator to finish off creating the font, but it is freezing up at the same basic place.

I was able to save and install one font yesterday out of about 12 tries.
Any known fix? Known issue? Help!
Erwin Denissen

Re: ScanaHand Crashing

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Sounds pretty frustrating. Sorry about that.

I will contact you tomorrow. I'm sure we'll be able to solve this problem fast and smooth.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
audreyjeanne

Post by audreyjeanne »

Thank you for the prompt reply. I'm not doing anything crucial, so whenever you're able is fine :-)
Audrey
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It looks like you upgraded to a new major version, which requires a new license you can buy for an upgrade price.
scanahandnewmajorversion.png
scanahandnewmajorversion.png (98.39 KiB) Viewed 13797 times
Without a new license the software should show a dialog that explains the need for a valid license, but it should never freeze as you mentioned. I will look into this, as it might be a bug.
audreyjeanne wrote:I was able to save and install one font yesterday out of about 12 tries.
Any known fix? Known issue? Help!
I don't understand this, as saving is not possible while the software runs as a trial.

When you start version 4 it will tell you if you are running it without a valid license. If you do have a valid license for version 4, then please let us know. If not, then either:
- buy an upgrade to version 4, or
- uninstall version 4, reinstall version 3, and continue to use version 3.

If you decide to upgrade you will enjoy the new smart character mapper, that automatically links missing letters to their upper/lower case counterpart. And the most impressive improvement is the brand new algorithm for calculating the best possible left and right side bearings for the basic Latin character set.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology