Font used on top of each glyph box

Get help with Scanahand here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ShawnDion

Font used on top of each glyph box

Post by ShawnDion »

Mark your calendars as this is a rare occasion, I'm officialy stumped on this problem.

How do I change the font that is used with Scanahand to display what character should be drawn? I don't care if I have to rename arial at this point or any other font to pull this off. I've searched everywhere including the registry and this one is driving me crazy.

Should anyone have a work around would be great as I would like to use a unicode font that is more complete that the one currently selected.

Shawn W. Dion
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Font used on top of each glyph box

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It looks like the font used is Verdana, and there are no editable files in the Scanahand folder that I could see that could be edited, so presumably the font is hard-wired into the executable.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ShawnDion

Post by ShawnDion »

For hard wired it definitely is from what I can see as for the font tried the one you mentioned didn't change the results guess I'll have to go through the list and see what I can find if I can pull it off. Should it work I'll have a complete template of all the unicodes to upload here this way artists can work on drawing their complete kits by hand.

I'll keep you posted thanks for the suggestion as for changing this font would be a nice upgrade feature I'd be interested in buying.

Shawn W. Dion
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

My free fonts such as Kabala or Mandala have good glyph coverage for Latin characters sets and symbols, but none for Hebrew or Cyrillic.

What character sets do you need to use?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ShawnDion

Post by ShawnDion »

I was trying to get the GNU Unifont as the layout chart for Scanahand as I wanted something more as a novelty font for some people I know and arriving with a stack of 600 sheets and getting them to fill it out for their holiday gift would be priceless.

Also the main reason why I wanted to get as much character coverage is I'm trully hunting down a way to get scanahand either using another tool or giving the specs so one day we can have colored font feature up and working, worked on many different aspects been hunting for lots of open source code to do the steps I require to do it as seriously 256 layers on 7.5 font creator is a bit insane (Lucky I have a macro but still open glyph add color and colorize it's lot's of work)

So I was looking to see if first Scanahand could take the code set and it does I made a template that opens all the pages required unfortunately [ ] squares don't say much and there is no option to replace the letters or glyph images into their unicode value as a reference chart. The tool can handle 600 pages + but without some valid name description the results will be hard to find.

Shawn W. Dion

P.S: I figured out that the font is name encoded and not the actual filename (I made a sandbox and overided all my system fonts none worked so I'll have to script the forms in another way)
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You could easily make your own template for Scanahand using tables in Word or OpenOffice. Then you can use whatever font you wish. Use a style for the caption heading so that you can easily modify the style to change the font. Export as a multipage PDF and use PDF-XChange to export each page as a Template image to be used by Scanahand.

Here is a PagePlus template that I made earlier for testing Scanahand.
Attachments
Blank Scanahand Template.zip
(32.32 KiB) Downloaded 689 times
ShawnDion

Post by ShawnDion »

That's what I figured that I was going to do is to just rebuild with a blank and setup a array for where the glyph's would go in order.

I'll give PDF-XChange a shot see the ease elsewise I'll just use imagemagick and just map a blank png as I already built a database with all the possibilities via dos and a hex editor. I'll let you know of the results thanks again.

Shawn W. Dion