Loading multipage template images all at once

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Timo Kähkönen

Loading multipage template images all at once

Post by Timo Kähkönen »

If I print multipage template, I can print all pages at once, but when loading template, I have to load all pages separately, which is very timeconsuming. I suggest to add ability to load all pages at once. This could be achieved at least with three ways:
1) multipage tiff
2) multipage pdf
3) zipped archive

I think the zip archive is easiest to implement and most familiar to use. If user numbers the files so that page number is included in file name and make a zip file of template images, the unarchiver of Scanahand could easily know which file represent which page. The requirement could be to include only one number in file name.

In which cases this is needed?
- If user have low count of rows and colums, for example 5x5, there will easily be tens of pages.
- If user is making multilanguage font, there will be plenty of pages although row and columnt count is high, for example 10x11.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Loading multipage template images all at once

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I think this would make extra work for users to first create a multipage image or zip file.

Why not just allow users to select multiple images in the Load Template dialogue box as one can in other applications or Windows Explorer (the screen shot is from PagePlus) by Ctrl Click to select multiple images, or Shift Click or marquee drag to select a range of images?
Load Multiple Images.png
Load Multiple Images.png (41.7 KiB) Viewed 13539 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Timo Kähkönen

Post by Timo Kähkönen »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:... Ctrl Click to select multiple images, or Shift Click or marquee drag to select a range of images? ...
Great idea! Why I didn't thought this!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Its been a while when I worked on this, but does drag and drop allow for multiple file?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

No. If two files are selected and dragged to the Scanahand window only the first is loaded, then you still have to select each page to load the others. Drag and Drop would be a great way to implement this, like dragging multiple images to the FontCreator.Overview.

I just wonder how many users are using enough pages to make this a big time saver.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486