Font doesn't work on other computers

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
LeftyClayJar

Font doesn't work on other computers

Post by LeftyClayJar »

Hi, I've been playing around with FCP for a few days, and I've finally created a symbol font with characters that are decently spaced, not overlapping, not cut off on the top or bottom, etc. I proudly e-mailed my creation to a friend, but on his computer it shows up as greek. I tried to think of a way to get it to work, but I couldn't fix it. I put the file on a cd and tried loading it on my sister's computer, but it appears improperly there as well. I wondered if it could be related to the difference in operating systems. I tried the font on my mom's new computer, which has XP like mine, and it worked.

I tried searching for a solution here before posting, and checked the things recommended to mjn in the "My font does not work under Win9x" post.

I'm sorry if I'm just missing something simple!
LeftyClayJar

Help?

Post by LeftyClayJar »

Hey, can't anyone help me out here? I'd really like to get this font working =+(
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Send me the font

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I use Windows ME.
Send me the font and I will see if it works on my system, and take a look at it in Font Creator.

There is not very much simple about font editing.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Font not working in Windows ME

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I installed the font.
When I typed in Wordpad or tested the font in Font Creator, I got only Greek symbols.

I had a look at it, and all the mapping seems similar to Wingdings, which I guess is correct for a symbol font. You have apparently used Font Creator's symbol template when creating the font, which I would expect to work OK.

I also tried pasting your footprint glyphs into the Wingdings font, renaming it, and saving under a new name. Even that didn't work, so I'm baffled.

Sorry I don't seem to be able to help. I don't have much experience with symbol fonts. I guess you will have to wait for a response from Erwin.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486