CALLING BHIKKHU

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
RANDY

CALLING BHIKKHU

Post by RANDY »

Thanks for your reply Bhikkhu, First off,I am brand new to the site and FONT MAKING so I'm "learning as I go". I will try to simplify my question evan more.I want to duplicate my coma in my font and make it into a apostrophe.Once I "insert new glyph and paste my coma there,what do I do next? Where do I take it from here? Thank you for your time and patience.RANDY
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

RTFM - Read the Font Manual

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

:D Have you read the Getting Started manual and the help file yet?

http://www.high-logic.com/download.html

Did you use a template to start your new font? You should have done, then you won't have to map any characters, just make sure you paste characters into the correct position. Apostrophe is mapped to a different position from single right quotation mark - ' and ’ are differnt in many fonts.

Open an existing font that is similar to the one you are creating, and tile the windows so that you can refer frequently to a professionally designed font to see how elements are aligned and spaced. For example, how high is the apostrophe? How much space does it have left and right? Is it smaller than a comma, or exactly the same? Use guidelines to check alignement and position. Test your font (F5) before you do too many characters. If that works, install it, and test it in Wordpad.

:P USING ALL CAPITAL LETTERS ON FORUMS IS LIKE SHOUTING. :P
No need for that. If you are really stuck and don't get an immediate response to your post you can send a Private Message.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486