Overlapping fonts

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
MiddleEarthNet

Overlapping fonts

Post by MiddleEarthNet »

Hi, I've just downloaded the 30 day trial and I'm working from scanned images of a madeup script to create my font. The letters I and i with the created font don't seem to positioned correctly. They line up fine with the character to the left but any character on their right is overlapping with it. Every other character is fine. I've tried altering settings but I've had no luck.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere already - I've had a look but couldn't find anything.
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by William »

It sounds as if the Advance Width of the letter I and the letter i each have a value which is too low.

In the main display, right click on the letter and select Properties... from the menu which appears. The advance width can be set numerically by altering the number in the number box and then clicking OK.

Another way is, in the main display, to double-click on the letter (or click and then press Enter on the keyboard) to display the design of the letter then drag the vertical dotted line to the right so that it is clear of the outline of the letter.

I hope that this helps.

William Overington
MiddleEarthNet

Post by MiddleEarthNet »

It worked. Thank you. And now I know how to do it, I'll ones, where the gap is too large.