Glyph Overview Trouble

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
franksacco

Glyph Overview Trouble

Post by franksacco »

When editing in the edit window and switching back to the Glyph Overview window the size of the glyphs gets knocked down a size or two and sometimes even down in half. It may do this several times when flopping back and forth between windows until it's half the original size. Then I have to go to Options / Overview and reset the glyph size to it's original state. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I've been using Font Creator for years and never noticed anything like that. How are you switching back and forth between windows? Either Control Tab or Control F6 will do. You can also switch from the Windows menu. Are you using maximised view or window view? To zoom in or zoom out of either view, use ² keys on the Numeric Keypad. See the available options on Tools, Options, Glyph, and Tools, Options, Overview.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
franksacco

Post by franksacco »

I've never noticed it in FC 5.0, but this is happening in 5.5. I am switching back and forth between windows by "X'-ing out of the edit window. I will try "Control - Tab" or "Control - F6" and see how that works. I am using a maximized view. Just to make sure you understand the trouble I'm having - the glyph in the edit window is not being downsized but the box height and width is being downsized in the glyph overview window. I then need to go to Tools, Options, Overview to resize the glyph height and width under the glyph overview heading. Thanks Bhikkhu!

Frank
franksacco

Post by franksacco »

I just tried what you suggested. I did not know that I can resize the box width and height in the overview window by hitting the + and - keys on the keyboard. It is possible that I was accidently hitting the plus and minus keys while exiting the glyph edit window. Hhmmmmm!
franksacco

Post by franksacco »

When zooming "out" on a glyph in the glyph edit window, you are also zooming "out", as you will see, when you go back to the glyph overview window.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I've never seen this happen. The zoom levels on the Overview and Glyph Edit Windows are independent.

What does happen, which might be considered a minor bug, is that if you have two font overviews tiled, and zoom out on one, the zoom level on the other also changes, but is not updated until you zoom out again.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:What does happen, which might be considered a minor bug, is that if you have two font overviews tiled, and zoom out on one, the zoom level on the other also changes, but is not updated until you zoom out again.
That is true. I've noticed it myself, but never paid much attention to it. I'll add it to the bug list.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
franksacco

Post by franksacco »

Bhikkhu, I do notice it now only when 2 fonts are open in the Overview Window when toggling back and forth between the Edit and Overview windows. Thank you!

Erwin, thank you for noticing and for fixing the bug. This was really not a big problem for me, it was just something I noticed and thought I should point out. Keep up the great work!