Copyright notice

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
DanielRoss

Copyright notice

Post by DanielRoss »

Sequence of events:

Format - Naming
Include copyright notice, checked yes
Copyright notice, I type in my own notice

Tools - Auto Naming - Next - Finish

File - Save
Saved into temporary folder, not Windows\Fonts

Exit FCP

Run Microsoft Windows Explorer

Double click on saved font file
Sample display appears, with "quick brown fox" text
Sample display shows High-Logic copyright notice, not my notice
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Each platform has its own language items. For each language the Naming fields can be edited in the Naming window. When updating fileds make sure you have selected a Microsoft (Unicode or Symbol) Platform and language English - United States.

Other platform fields should be updated as well.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
DanielRoss

Already done

Post by DanielRoss »

I have selected Microsoft Symbol platform and English - U.S.

I see no other place to enter copyright notices. Where else should I look for a copyright notice?

Please try this yourself, if you have not yet done so. I cannot release any fonts until this problem is solved, regardless of blame.
DanielRoss

Post by DanielRoss »

I just ran another test.

Using the platform manager, I deleted both platforms, Macintosh Roman and Microsoft Symbol. Then I added them back.

I had to retype everything in the Naming windows. There is only 1 choice of English, U.S. or otherwise.

The problem persists.

Incidentally, language Quechua is misspelled "Quenchua". I am a fan of Quechua music. Can I really enter naming info in Quechua?

If this turns out to be a real bug in FCP, please issue an update release, so I can distribute fonts. Thanks.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This is not a bug in the Font Creator Program.

It is very easy to confuse your Windows O.S.
If a font with the same font name is already installed, Windows font viewer will show this installed version.

Note: If another Windows font viewer is still open with this same font, you will get the same problem because by opening a font with Windows font viewer the font is actually (temporarily) installed.

Changing such a font might confuse Windows and/ or the font viewer.

Last and probably least as well, Windows uses a font caching mechanism that could also be the cause of your problem. Some Video cards happen to support font caching as well.

Sometimes it helps to first uninstall the font and to close all Windows font viewers, as a last resort a reboot might help as well.

Where is Quechua misspelled?

Note: by removing a platform, you remove all platform specific naming and mapping information.

Let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
DanielRoss

Post by DanielRoss »

Previously I found from bitter experience that using Windows software to uninstall/delete a font does not work. I have been running DOS and using the DOS command DEL to delete a font from C:\Windows\Fonts, before trying to install its replacement. I also check to make sure the font is gone while I still am running DOS, before restarting Windows to install the new font. Once I started using DOS to delete obsolete fonts, I never have had any trouble installing replacement fonts. I have been doing this well before discovering the copyright problem.

Could the absence of "English - United States" as an choice of naming language be the cause of the problem? I cannot select it because it is not among the "Add" language options. I now remember that it was the initial language, but I tried changing languages while I was in the early stages of learning FCP, and now I cannot get it back.

Quechua is misspelled among the "Add" language options.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

First select a Microsoft platform before adding a language to a Microsoft platform. Right now I guess you are trying to add a language to the Macintosh Roman platform. Quenchua is only available for this platform. In the next release the specific language field will be changed from Quenchua to Quechua.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
DanielRoss

Post by DanielRoss »

Thank you for discovering what I was doing wrong. Problem solved. I apologize for being such a burden.