Drawing with Mousekeys program

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
windinthew

Drawing with Mousekeys program

Post by windinthew »

I use Windows Mousekeys program (an Accessibility Option) which lets me use the NUMPAD keys in place of the mouse. I have never had any problems before using drawing tools in programs but cannot seem to use the tools in your font program. For example suppose I want to edit a I character to lengthen the top and bottom bar? I can draw a rectangle but as soon as I release the mouse the rectangle disappears so it cannot be filled in. I cannot find how to use the drawing tools despite looking in help.

Incidentally what font am I writing in when I post a new message? It looks rather nice?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Drawing Contours

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Whether one uses the mouse or the mousekeys program, drawing contours is not quite intuitive. To draw a rectangle you need to click on the four corners to define the outline, then close the open rectangle by clicking on the Apply Button on the contour toolbar. Clicking or double-clicking on the first point will just create more points without closing the shape.

As soon as you click on the Apply button, the contour is closed and the contour toolbar disappears from the screen. This is easy enough to use, but may is different to other programs you may be used to like MS Draw.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486