Erwin..Need help with gliths not showing.

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Steve Contreras

Erwin..Need help with gliths not showing.

Post by Steve Contreras »

I have been distributing my fonts via email and some customers have said that they have problems with punctuation not being there. All charactors are present in the fonts installed on my computer, however when copied to disk and installed on another computer the apostriphy and quotations are not there! One customer said he was missing ALL punctuation. I installed Font Creator Program on an alternate computer and the charactors are all there, they just don't work within the applications.

Any idea what the trouble could be? I need help on this matter fast. please.

Steve Contreras
signfonts.com
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Maybe this topic helps:
viewtopic.php?p=285#285

If this is not helpful, can you send a copy of your font directly to me? I'll see if I can identify your problem.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Steve Contreras

Thanks Erwin, I had already found that post and it answered part of my question. The person who is missing all punctuation has had his fonts converted to Mac True Type, so I'm guessing that the problem my be with the conversion process, or with his computer.
I have asked other Mac users if they are experiencing the same problem and it seems to be only with his fonts.

The program I use to convert PC true type to Mac true type is called Cross Fonts. I will check with the Vender to see if they can help.

Thanks again for your quick response, I will email you one of the fonts anyway in both formates.

Steve Contreras
signfonts.com
Jowaco

Post by Jowaco »

In a previous post Erwin Denissen said:

"Word also automatically changing 3 periods to an ellipsis ($2026). You can fix this two ways: add an ellipsis to the font you're using, or you can turn off this "feature". It's under Tools -> AutoCorrect."

Erwin is right to show "feature" in quotes, whether smart or not! Auto Correct in Word can be a pain.

I would include endash $2013 (decimal 8211) and emdash $2014 (decimal 8212) as causes of trouble.

My solution is to add previously mentioned quotes, ellipsis, endash and emdash to the font.

Joe.
Steve Contreras

I will take your advise. Thanks so much for your help and suggestions Joe.

Steve