Rearranging the toolbars

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Chris Eilers

Rearranging the toolbars

Post by Chris Eilers »

How can I restore the Samples toolbar to its original position -- docked on the top menu bar, but oriented vertically down the left-hand side of the screen?

I’ve been rearranging the Font Creator user interface by changing the locations of various menu bar icons, i.e., altering their locations within the main menu bar (by clicking the two grey parallel lines at the left of a set of menu bar icons and click-dragging the set to a new location in the main menu bar), pulling them off the main menu bar as floating windows (by clicking the two grey parallel lines and click-dragging the set onto the edit window, or just by double-clicking the two grey parallel lines), or docking them back on the top menu bar (by click-dragging the coloured bar at the top of the window that holds the set of menu bar icons onto the main menu bar, or just by double-clicking the coloured bar).

With the Samples toolbar, I can change its shape as a window, making it a vertical or horizontal window (by click-dragging the double arrows that appear when the mouse is hovered over the sides of the window), and I can re-dock it as a horizontal menu up on the top menu bar, but I can’t figure out how to re-dock it as a vertical menu bar the way it was originally. How do I go about this?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Resetting the Samples Toolbar

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I found I could do it just by dragging it to the left edge of the Window, but sometimes it stays as a floating palette and refuses to dock.

The most reliable way is with Font Creator maximised, dock the toolbar at the top. Then drag it off, and take it to the side of the window. Definitely seems to be a minor bug here.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The only bug I know is one I've never been able to fix.

Sometimes the width of the Samples toolbar is not correct when it gets docked to the left side. To solve this, double-click the two grey parallel lines to undock the toolbar window and next double-click the caption area (Samples) in order to put it back onto the left side.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Chris Eilers

Post by Chris Eilers »

Thanks, Bhikkhu.

Both of your suggested solutions work fine on my system.

Also, thanks Erwin. I haven't struck the problem you have illustrated, but it's nice to know the solution if the problem ever arises.