My "tools" won't work

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
bgmaloney

My "tools" won't work

Post by bgmaloney »

I purchased the professional edition and I just realized that most of my toolbar buttons aren't working. I can't click on them and the short cut buttons aren't working. I've been having problems finding things within the program and I'm sure that's why. Can anyone tell me if there is something wrong or is it just me?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Most buttons are initially disabled, and will be activated as soon as you have opened a font. Some buttons are only used within a Glyph Edit window, so you need to double-click a glyph in the Overview window to be able to use them. Hope this helps.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
bgmaloney

Post by bgmaloney »

It doesn't allow me to insert anything like glyphs, I can't change directions, join contours, everything. It shows them there but will not let me click on them.
bgmaloney

Post by bgmaloney »

Is there some setting I need to change?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I've just checked your license and that is not the problem. You have a single user license for FontCreator v5.x Professional Edition.

Does it happen with all fonts, and all glyphs? If so could you please show us a screenshot that clarifies the problem?

You might be editing a composite glyph. They have different tools, unless you convert them to simple glyphs.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please send your font file to me and I'll look into it.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Jowaco

Post by Jowaco »

A number of the buttons do not 'spring to life' until a selection is made. Left click in the Edit window and drag a rectangle round the glyph first. If in points mode select by dragging with the rectangular, or the lasso selector, or by shift-clicking a number of points.

Joe.
bgmaloney

Post by bgmaloney »

Erwin Denissen wrote:I've just checked your license and that is not the problem. You have a single user license for FontCreator v5.x Professional Edition.

Does it happen with all fonts, and all glyphs? If so could you please show us a screenshot that clarifies the problem?

You might be editing a composite glyph. They have different tools, unless you convert them to simple glyphs.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please send your font file to me and I'll look into it.
I think that is the problem. I was confused, still am, about composites and stuff but it seems I got it figured out. Thanks!