I need the instructions

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
JAGULARS

I need the instructions

Post by JAGULARS »

I have found it most impossible to learn the Font Creator Program because the info to run it is scattered all over an "INDEX."

Can someone point me to where all these instructions are in one place and could possibly be printed out?
stinkykong

Post by stinkykong »

Have you seen the Quickstart that can be found on the download page:
http://www.high-logic.com/download.html
This is a start, at least.
Steve Horn
JAGULARS

Thanks

Post by JAGULARS »

Thanks. What I want to do is basically the alphabet. Do I have to have every single character in the lanuage or can I just do A thru Z? I would like to arrange it so that no spaces appear between the letters, that way it looks like.......well, you would have to see it, can't explain it.
stinkykong

Post by stinkykong »

I am not much help here since I am new to Font Creator and my experience in creating fonts has been limited to adjusting positions of other fonts and creating special symbols for music copying. But to answer a question you posed, you can create a font with a limited number of characters. In fact I created a font which I called blankfont (appropriately enough) that had no characters at all. I used it for a program that required entries where I wanted nothing. I have done this much also with Font Creator. Creating fonts that stream together might be a lengthy project. Have you seen any script fonts that do this?
Steve Horn
JAGULARS

Post by JAGULARS »

Nope, I've never seen anything like it :shock: in another font or type or what have you.

Actually, if the person looking at it isn't told what it is, it is unidentifiable. :?: No one that I have shown it to, literary circles or not, has given the proper answer of the alphabet. It's only uppercase from A to Z with no spaces. :idea:

I have it on paper and my original intentions was to use it for the ancient language that the boys found on the island in my adventure novel taodartari.bravepages.com :lol:

Also I need to mention that I am using the free version of FCP and it might be missing functions that I need to get this done, if at all. :cry: Also it would make a great code since no one can figure out what it is. Once created I might even be able to sell it.

I will try to get one scan of it up on the web somewhere so it can be seen. :P