Glyphs Won't Kern

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Cevlakohn

Glyphs Won't Kern

Post by Cevlakohn »

I seem to have a problem with trying to kern a character. I have gone to the kerning tab, the one with the different colored characters, and moved on so that it touches the other (intentionally), and then have saved it as a text file. I then save the font, reinstall in on my pc, and try it out in WordPad. The kerning does not happen. What is wrong? Does WordPad not support kerning?
I should probably note that the two characters kerning are the same character. I wanted them to kern when used consecutively.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Not all applications support kerning. If they don't support kerning they simply ignore the kerning pairs. Currently WordPad is not supporting kerning pairs, although this might change in the future.

In MS Word select Font from the Format menu and select the Character Spacing tab. There you can turn on kerning in MS Word by checking the kerning for fonts field.

Note: Kerning in Symbol fonts won't be used in Word.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Cevlakohn

Post by Cevlakohn »

Oh, ok. WordPad and NotePad are the only typing programs I have, I don't have Word or anything like that. I'll get by, though.