How to test the whole ASCII characters

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
font_is_good

How to test the whole ASCII characters

Post by font_is_good »

Hi all,

I have made a custom font for all 128 characters in ASCII table. Is there anyway I can check the results? I could not figure out a way to print all these characters in WORD or other applications. :( :( Any clue? Thanks!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Actually there are only 95 printing characters and they should all be visible (except for the space character) unless the font has invalid mappings.

Word should print all these characters, unless the printer uses its own fonts.

Can you explain what happens when you try to print the document?

The printing characters, starting with a space:
!"#$%&`()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
font_is_good

Post by font_is_good »

Erwin,

I might not state very clearly in my topic. I am trying to print out the glyph presentation of these non-printable characters, such as 0x00000, 0x002D etc. It may sounds odd, but my font has the mapping defined by a Standard body who defines the ASCII=>glyph mapping and the standard includes these non-printable characters.

I need to check whether I mapped wrong or not. I know I can verify these 95 characters, but how about others?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The other 33 are non-printable characters.

Windows has no access to glyphs that are mapped to character values 0 - 31 and 127.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology