Font too light - why?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Elizabeth E.

Font too light - why?

Post by Elizabeth E. »

Hi...I hope someone can help me. I'm trying to make a handwriting font, and up to this point everything's been great - I have all the glyphs entered and tweaked, the font is installed, and it's ready to go.

My problem is that when I try to call the font in Dreamweaver, it comes out light gray instead of black, and is barely readable. The same happens in other apps such as Word. Can anyone help me? I'm using XP Pro and Dreamweaver 6. Thanks.
Noel Stoutenburg

Font's too light

Post by Noel Stoutenburg »

Check to see if Dreamweaver allows you to set the color of the font...
Sam_T

Post by Sam_T »

Hi,
If the stems of your glyphs are too thin or have many small details it can be result of grayscale rendering (font smoothing). Turn off this option in your OS or (better) regenerate your font without grayscale rendering on small sizes (between 6 - 16 pts.). See FCP help file for more details.
Elizabeth E.

No more light fonts!

Post by Elizabeth E. »

Thanks, guys, for your advice. I did a little fiddling around with the grayscale settings, and discovered that my font looks the best with the grayscale turned ON for the smaller sizes. Now I have more confidence that future fonts will look even better. Thanks again!