How do I get past the 653 Glyph default limit

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Hugh C. O'Neill

How do I get past the 653 Glyph default limit

Post by Hugh C. O'Neill »

I have a font that consists of unique symbols for a program that I am developing. I have successfully used the existing procedures of the Font Creator to create each glyph adding it to the default font that you get when you do a FILE NEW, give a Font Name while selecting Unicode. This process gives you the ability of using 653 Glyph positions.

Since my application is using only its own symbols, it does not really matter to me what language is included (ie Latin, Greek, etc.) I have simply completed the existing places and use Windows CHARMAP to initialize a database Unicode field for each of those unique symbols.

This has worked beautifully, giving me exactly what I wish. However, now I have reached the 653 byte. What do I do to increase the existing default font dataset to a capacity greater than 653?
Learning about fonts has opened a whole new world for me. Fascinating
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

All you need to do is choose Insert Glyphs from the Insert menu to add as many glyphs as you need, or click the Insert glyph button on the standard toolbar to insert one at a time wherever you want.

After inserting a glyph, you need to map it to a suitable Unicode value.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Hugh C. O'Neill

Post by Hugh C. O'Neill »

Bhikkhu,

Thanks again. You were a big help in getting me started in this font world almost six months ago when I did not know anything. Now this is a big help once again, when I know a little bit more. This will keep me going for a while I believe. This Font Creator is exactly what I need for my application. I would never be able to do what I want to do without it.

Hope things are going well for you.
Peace,
Hugh
Learning about fonts has opened a whole new world for me. Fascinating