NEW FONT / SPECIAL CHARATERS

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
THEOG

NEW FONT / SPECIAL CHARATERS

Post by THEOG »

I've built a font but now I notice I don't have - ?"" ! @ $ %, ect, etc characters... how do I add these? Can I get them for free someplace or will I have to create these as well?

I created my font in a another program yet to import all into font creator program. After a couple of test I'm sure they will work just fine. Look really good in MS Word anyway.

I hope this question is not trivial... but I'd hate to have to create all those special characters as well...

thanks.

The OG
Jowaco

Post by Jowaco »

Your question is not trivial - is any?
In my view you should take the trouble and spend the time to make your "missing characters" in exactly the same way as you made the characters in the rest of your font. Otherwise your font would not be unified and would be inferior.
Joe.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try to reuse some elements from your existing font. For example @ is just a circle with lowercase a. Learn to join and split contours. If you created the comma, then you already have the elements for ; and the quotation marks (don't forget these otherwise your font really looks amateurish). To get the ? you can start with the 2, cut off the bottom, and reshape over the full-stop.

Using bits and pieces helps to make your font unified. With practise, splittig and joining contours is easy. Erwin is working on a weld function that will make it even easier in the future.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486