Changing the proportion of width and height

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
CynicJJ

Changing the proportion of width and height

Post by CynicJJ »

Hi!

I have a problem here. I am a software engineer and use fonts created by Font Creator in my own program.

The problem is the width of the font appears larger than original in my application. I could have controlled the proportion within my program, but then it doesn't look good.

So, what i would like to do is make the width size shorter when creating fonts so that even if it gets widen in my program, it still looks alright.

Then, how do I control the proportion of the width and height?

Thank you.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Right now there is no global transformation functionality, you will have to go through every glyph.

However there seems to be a workaround for this:
viewtopic.php?t=323
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Joop Jagers
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Joop Jagers »

The workaround doesn't change the proportions of the glyphs. It changes their height *and* width. As far as I know there's no way to change only the height or only the width of all glypohs in a font at the same time.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The transformation tool should do the job well enough, but the glyphs have to be resized one by one to make them all, say, 80% of the width. A keyboard macro program could be used to speed up the process.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486