Moving

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Fred Goldman

Moving

Post by Fred Goldman »

Is there any way to move composite member glyphs en masse as you can with regular glyphs using the glyph transformer?
Fred
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Moving

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Only if you want to move all of the accents up or down. The positions of lowercase accents are based on font metrics for x-height, so you can manually set x-height to a new value, then recompose the composite glyphs.

What, exactly, are you trying to achieve? It would probably help to see the font.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Fred Goldman

Post by Fred Goldman »

I have a font with about a hundred composite glyphs that are made up of two glyphs. Each glyph has only these two member glyphs and I need to move all these member glyphs (within the composite glyph) 150 units units horizontally. I tried Glyph Transformer but apparently it only works on outlines. Do you have any ideas besides manually moving them?
Fred
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can move the composite glyph members using the Transform wizard.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Fred Goldman

Post by Fred Goldman »

The only way I see to move it with the transform wizard is if I decompose composites first. But then I lose the advantage of composites. Is there any way to transform them without decomposing first?
Fred
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Select the composite glyph members in the glyph overview, and transform them.

Here, I have selected o, and u, and moved them both by 500 funits to the right.
Move OU.png
Move OU.png (2.25 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
Fred Goldman

Post by Fred Goldman »

Were you able to move those in one shot? I have to move all of these 150 units.
Move.GIF
Move.GIF (26.32 KiB) Viewed 9258 times
Fred
Fred Goldman

Post by Fred Goldman »

Ok, I see now what you mean. Apparently after moving the base glyphs I then set the composite glyphs bearings to zero which apparently threw things off. All this to try and work around a bug on iOS :(.
Fred
Fred Goldman

Post by Fred Goldman »

I see now what is happening. I move the base glyphs and the the composite glyph looks like this:
Capture.GIF
Capture.GIF (32.06 KiB) Viewed 9255 times
Then when I save the font the composite glyph gets moved back. Why is this happening? And what can I do to get the composite glyphs to stay moved the 150 units when saving?
Fred
Fred Goldman

Post by Fred Goldman »

This is the way I would like it to end up looking like. Zero width and the glyphs should be moved horizontally 150 units. Is there any way to do this on multiple glyphs at once?
Attachments
After.GIF
After.GIF (27.92 KiB) Viewed 9255 times
Fred
Fred Goldman

Post by Fred Goldman »

I figured it out. First move the base glyphs 150 units then move the left bearing of the composite glyphs to zero and then move the right bearing of the composite glyphs to zero. Thank you for all your help!
Fred