Cursor is in the middle of my new glyph.

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Chris Mulry

Cursor is in the middle of my new glyph.

Post by Chris Mulry »

Have just created a new glyph. Re-installed the font. Gone into Word. The new glyph appears OK but the cursor sits in the middle of it instead of just to the right. This makes the next character crash into the new one.

Help please.

Apologies if this is a silly problem. I have scoured Help but cannot find anything about cursor position. I am new to fonts.

By the way, FCP is an excellent application.

Regards

Chris
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The contours should stay within the visible area, this area is defined by the two black horizontal lines and the left and right bearings (vertical dashed lines). Make sure the glyph is within this area, parts outside this area will most likely be invisible. The left and right bearings can be changed by dragging them to their desired position. The glyph should be positioned between these lines, otherwise characters will overlap each other.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Joop Jagers
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Joop Jagers »

Another cause of the problem might be the presence of the LTSH table. If a glyph is added to the font this table should either be updated (which FC cannot do) or deleted. If an LSTH table has incorrect values the added characters will space unpredictably.