Copying (cut/paste) composite glyphs.

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
rolfengelbrecht

Copying (cut/paste) composite glyphs.

Post by rolfengelbrecht »

How can a copy a glyph that involves composites? It seems that I always end up with a simple glyph when I am done (even using Special Paste), and have lost the composite structure.
Thanks
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I don't think you can, but what you can do is create a composite that uses another composite if you're trying to create a character like U+1EB7 : LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH BREVE AND DOT BELOW

Perhaps that will solve your problem?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
rolfengelbrecht

Thanks, Bhikku. I was hoping to use Copy to reorganize my glyphs (what I would REALLY like is a simple drag-and-drop method to move glyphs, but since this is not possible, I was trying to insert an empty glyph, then copy to it, but I lose composites that way, and it is a big job to reconstruct them all the time.
Rolf
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Have you tried, Font, Sort Glyphs?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
rolfengelbrecht

Yes, Sort Glyphs will rearrange all the glyphs according to their mappings (a fixed order sort), but as far as I can tell, it does not help me organize them into the order or categories I would like. Thanks anyway.