FCP says OK but Windows says corrupted font.

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
fantong

FCP says OK but Windows says corrupted font.

Post by fantong »

I've recently converted Mac-only font to IBM truetype. It's sort of dingbat(symbol). With my FCP, I changed platform and mapping, etc. Everything seems fine but after finishing my work, Windows says it is corrupted font. I've investigated naming field, and mapping, platform more than 3 times but in vain. Erwin, would you please watch it over? I'll send it to your email address.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Although the font lacks some important settings (Macintosh platform, Panose info, wrong calculated field and an invalid hdmx table), it installs on my Windows XP system.

How did you convert the font?

What system do you have?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
fantong

Post by fantong »

I feel completely lost right now, :( I'm using Windows XP korean version and the font I've sent does not work on mine but does it "work" on your XP system? How could that be! Probably there are some differences in recognizing and checking font system in various localized versions of XP.

I converted font with an editor program. As you know, Mac TT is very similar to MS TT. After eliminating unnecessary part of the header of MacTT, I used FCP to change the mapping and to change the platform.

Thanks for checking my font!