Default Character Set?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Jaynz

Default Character Set?

Post by Jaynz »

Is it possible to change the default character set for a new font project? I have ZERO need for most of the math symbols, but currency symbols and the OE/oe set are in demand... is there a way to remap the default character set for all new font projects? Also, is it possible that once this is done, that the new character set be mapped to existing fonts without having to go through every single glyph?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Default Character Set?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The easy solution is to delete the glyphs you have no need of, and use Save As to start a new project. That way, all of the settings you have changed for the current project will be duplicated for the next.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Bleah, I just have to do it every single time... I guess I can make a 'blank project' to work from from now on rather than 'new project' - but it seems like a waste.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Jaynz wrote:Bleah, I just have to do it every single time... I guess I can make a 'blank project' to work from from now on rather than 'new project' - but it seems like a waste.
I don't think it's a waste. Many fonts will share the same glyphs — it's much quicker to create an italic style of a font, for example, using the glyph transform wizard than it is to create all of the glyphs from scratch. Only some letters will need to have different outlines.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:I don't think it's a waste. Many fonts will share the same glyphs — it's much quicker to create an italic style of a font, for example, using the glyph transform wizard than it is to create all of the glyphs from scratch. Only some letters will need to have different outlines.
You're right for each font, of course. But I've got nearly 200 font families that I maintain... :P